Arkansas Carry is fully incorporated non-profit company in the State of Arkansas. We are a staunch ally of gun owners and the Second Amendment. It is our mission to provide a peaceable community where Second Amendment issues can be discussed and researched for the purpose of influencing legislation, thus strengthening and restoring constitutionally protected rights to Arkansans. In addition, we will strive to provide information and resources which can be used to educate you, as well as others, on this fight for our basic human right, self defense.
Arkansas Carry was formed out of necessity in December of 2008. Although a few successful and established firearm groups already exist in Arkansas none of these groups have considered open carry a priority and none are truly active. As a result, we established a group dedicated to the expanding the rightto-carry in Arkansas. In late 2011/early 2012 we will form a PAC (political action committee) to make our voice even louder and stronger with the Arkansas legislature. Check www.ac-pac.org for more details.
Our primary legislative objective is to see Arkansas law amended to allow for the lawful open carry of firearms throughout the state without a permit. While open carry is our primary objective we also support any legislation that expands our right-to-carry. Here are the key issues Arkansas Carry will be fighting for in all legislative sessions until accomplished:
- Remove the ban on the open carry of handguns.
- Remove the ban on concealed carry in churches and allow churches to decide for themselves.
- Ability to possess firearms in employer parking lots.
- Remove the authority for public Universities to ban legally carried weapons in campus buildings.
- Remove authority for cities to ban concealed carry in municipal parks.
- Help for battered and abused persons to quickly obtain legal means of selfdefense (i.e. emergency licenses)