Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: My New Addition: Mossberg 535 Tactical 12ga

My New Addition: Mossberg 535 Tactical 12ga 2 years 10 months ago #1

• Chris Matthews
  • Executive Director
  • Go Braves!
  • Thank you received: 186

I've been pondering getting a shorter shotgun and saw this at Gander Mountain in NLR today for $499... figured I'd give it a try.
Chris Matthews
Executive Director | Arkansas Carry
e: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
o: 501-291-4839
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: My New Addition: Mossberg 535 Tactical 12ga 2 years 10 months ago #2

• icebox13
  • Supporting Member
  • Embodiment of Awesome
  • Thank you received: 48
If you haven't bought and watched Magpul Dynamic's Art of the Dynamic Shotgun, you should. After watching the video and seeing them (and the students) work their weapons, my choice for a pump would be the Remington 870, which is probably what I will buy later this year. I'm not trying to say that this is not a good purchase...these are fine firearms to own. But just watching the Magpul guys explain the concept of ammo changeover from shot shells to slugs, because of the way the Mossbergs work, you have to discard two shells to load one slug into the chamber. Now, that's not the only reason to purchase a shotgun, but all things being equal, it's something I'm putting into my considerations. Let us know how it shoots!
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by icebox13.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Matthews

Re: My New Addition: Mossberg 535 Tactical 12ga 2 years 10 months ago #3

• Chris Matthews
  • Executive Director
  • Go Braves!
  • Thank you received: 186
I've already got a Remington 870 :smile: .. wanted to try something bit different.
Chris Matthews
Executive Director | Arkansas Carry
e: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
o: 501-291-4839

Re: My New Addition: Mossberg 535 Tactical 12ga 2 years 10 months ago #4

• HungrySeagull
  • Charter Member
  • Thank you received: 36
I like this picture. It's seems to be a simple enough weapon with just enough stuff to make home defense happen as it should.

I owned a 870 and a 500 once those have been sold off. Even today when I fondle a Marine Magnum 870, it calls to me.

I cannot really say anything other that I am simply waiting to take delivery of the new Keltec. I cannot wait to go to Searcy and put it through it's paces at the 100 yard indoor range there. The next thing will be to seek out training with it including weapons transitions from handgun to shotgun/vice versa.

There is one other issue. (If it is a issue at all) It seems that somewhere someone in the government is moving to make a new classification something like "Destructive Devices" for shotguns that are set up a certain way. *Shrugs.
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by HungrySeagull.

Re: My New Addition: Mossberg 535 Tactical 12ga 2 years 10 months ago #5

• icebox13
  • Supporting Member
  • Embodiment of Awesome
  • Thank you received: 48
HungrySeagull wrote:
I like this picture. It's seems to be a simple enough weapon with just enough stuff to make home defense happen as it should.

I owned a 870 and a 500 once those have been sold off. Even today when I fondle a Marine Magnum 870, it calls to me.

I cannot really say anything other that I am simply waiting to take delivery of the new Keltec. I cannot wait to go to Searcy and put it through it's paces at the 100 yard indoor range there. The next thing will be to seek out training with it including weapons transitions from handgun to shotgun/vice versa.

There is one other issue. (If it is a issue at all) It seems that somewhere someone in the government is moving to make a new classification something like "Destructive Devices" for shotguns that are set up a certain way. *Shrugs.

I'm taking a carbine course at US Shooting Academy in Tulsa on Oct 15-16. They also list a shotgun course on Nov. 19-20:
http://usshootingacademy.com/training_course.aspx?&enrollClass=1&id=12
The following user(s) said Thank You: HungrySeagull

Re: My New Addition: Mossberg 535 Tactical 12ga 2 years 10 months ago #6

• packerfan
  • Supporting Member
  • Thank you received: 37
HungrySeagull wrote:

Are you receiving the Kel-tec KSG? If so let me know what you think of it. Give a full review on it, please.

Re: My New Addition: Mossberg 535 Tactical 12ga 2 years 10 months ago #7

• HungrySeagull
  • Charter Member
I will do my best. I think there is a few of us taking delivery at some point around October.

Also, thank you for the Tulsa Link. I am thinking Ben Goldstien of ICT will probably be able to put something together close to home.

Re: My New Addition: Mossberg 535 Tactical 12ga 2 years 10 months ago #8

• DocGlock
  • Supporting Member
  • Thank you received: 18
Congrats on the new shotgun.

I've sort of got the same thing, except it's an 835 and camo. At first I had the spare rounds in the holder just like in your pic, but, the more I thought about it, I flipped them to be brass down. Just seemed like it would be a bit less movement necessary to reload. Don't know how tight yours are held, but, on mine, there is no worry about them accidently falling out.

USAF Retired

Glock Certified Armorer

Re: My New Addition: Mossberg 535 Tactical 12ga 2 years 10 months ago #9

• HungrySeagull
  • Charter Member
I used to dump my shells into the Remmy 870's port up top. Not into the bottom after that tube ran dry.

If you ever see a Yellow or orange painted 870, it is a less than lethal weapon firing a taser slug capable of instantly paralyzing anyone under essentially any condition.

I consider them just as lethal as the real ammunition. The heart will not withstand such a shock.
  • Page:

Automated Tip Line

Add Us to Your Cell Phone!

501-291-4839

This is a voice mail box that forwards your messages to our e-mail.  Give us a call if you have a question about our organization, carrying firearms, or see a business that prohibits lawful carry!

Join our effort to get Pro-2A candidates elected. 
Visit us at:  www.ac-pac.org
www.facebook.com/arkansascarrypac
Arkansas Carry Political Action Committee

Site Visitor Activity

We have 96 guests and 4 members online
You are here: Forum The Armory Long Gunners My New Addition: Mossberg 535 Tactical 12ga